At Alcove 19 we are committed to protecting your privacy. We understand that the information we collect about you is your information, and we intend to keep it that way. We collect information from you in the following places on our website for several different services and site functions outlined below.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
Information about you is collected for several different services and website functions.
Subscribing to our newsletter
When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect only an email address to deliver the requested information regarding your interest.
How can you edit your personal information?
You may change your personal information at any time by login with your credentials. You can then modify any personal information or delete them.
How does Alcove 19 protect and store user information?
When you interact with the platform, we provide a secure server with secure server software (SSL) that encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. All of the personal data we collect is protected against unauthorised access using industry-standard methods to secure our electronic databases.
What about “cookies”?
A cookie—a small text file placed on a user’s hard drive—is generated by a software application on a site’s server. We use temporary session cookies to assign to you and store a SessionID on all secure pages. These cookies allow you to move uninterrupted between areas of our secure site. This SessionID is not personally identifiable to you and this type of cookie does not leave any retrievable information on your hard drive. We also use a third-party service provider (Matomo) to collect non-personally identifiable IP addresses and entry-point and search form information to monitor the number of visitors to the site and the usage of our site. This is done through the use of both permanent and session cookies.
We use a session cookie on our site to determine whether or not you are accepting cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that.
How does Alcove 19 use the information it collects?
- To provide the services we offer, for example, send you our newsletter when you have signed up for this. We use third parties (including contractors and service providers) to provide targeted mailing and advertising services. We may share your information with such third parties solely for the purposes of obtaining services from such third parties. When we share your information with these third parties, we take steps to protect your information by requiring these third parties to enter into a contract with us that requires them to use the information we transfer to them in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
- To respond to your comments and questions, to communicate with you about your account, and to provide user support.
- You have the ability to decide to show only your pseudo for public display and keep your personal information only for a confident person only, like your selected coach or a list of selected friends for example.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
Data retention and erasure
Information we collect may be retained for as long as needed to fulfil legitimate business purposes, or for a period of time specifically required or allowed by applicable regulation or laws. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide services to you, you can withdraw your consent or request that we erase your information by contacting us. Please note that if you request the erasure of your information, we may retain some of your information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, and to comply with our legal obligations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time.
Safety of Minors
Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are individuals under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if permitted by the laws of their residence). We do not knowingly collect personal data from Minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal information from a Minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that materially affects your information, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Note that any Do-Not-Track instructions from your browser or similar mechanism will not affect our collection of the data that you voluntarily provide to us through such means as browsing our website, signing up for any of the services, or entering personal information on our website.
Alcove 19 welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. You may contact us at:
Seho Evolution Coaching
21 rue du château d'eau